1. Select a Market
The Jamaica Stock Exchange is the premier securities exchange in Jamaica that has been recognized by Bloomberg. We offer entities the opportunity to list their securities on a recognized market. Depending on your need, you can select the best fit for listing your securities on the Exchange.
- Main Market – raise unlimited capital from the market and list securities for trading in Jamaican dollars (JMD).
- USD Market – raise unlimited capital from the market and list the stock(s) for trading in United States dollars (USD).
- Junior Market – companies with small capital structure and allows for the raising of capital from JMD50,000,000 to JMD500,000,000.
- Bond Market – listing of bonds to provide liquidity for bond holders.
- Private Market – listing of private securities (equities & bonds) not listed on a public market.
2. Select a Team
When coming to market we encourage our prospective listed companies to select a team of professional advisors who will help you prepare your offer document. A sample of these advisors can be found on our professional advisors page.
3. Prepare Offer Document
With guidance from the team you have selected, prepare offer document in keeping with the method of issue. Please see JSE Main Market Rule 403 – Methods of Issue, for details.
4. Submit your Offer Document
5. Submit Application to List
After a successful capital raise, the application for listing should be submitted to the JSE along with the company’s constitutional document and other pertinent documents.
Please see JSE Main Market Rule 403 – Methods of Issue, for details.
6. Listing and Admission to Trading
The listing of a security shall be effected within five (5) business days after approval by the Exchange.
Please see JSE Main Market Rule 403 F – Requirement to list following approval , for details.
7. Ongoing Requirements
Shortly after listing, the Company and their representatives will be guided through the Rules of the Exchange , by way of an orientation, to ensure their continued compliance to the Exchange’s ongoing requirements.