Have you ever wanted to buy and sell stock on the market, but you are unsure how to go about doing so; then the Jamaica Stock Exchange’s Stock Market Games present the ideal way to learn how to buy and sell shares. The Jamaica Stock Exchange (JSE) Stock Market Game is a simulation game that the JSE developed to promote a better understanding of the stock market and how it works. There are three games geared towards different target audiences. These are:
- The Stock Market Game for High School
- The Tertiary Stock Market Game and
- The Public Stock Market Game
The Stock Market Game for High Schools
The Stock Market Game for High Schools is aimed at High School students in 4th to 6th forms. It is designed to strengthen students’ critical thinking skills and build confidence and self-esteem. Most importantly, the stock market game will instill an understanding of the need to save and invest at an early age and ensure that when students leave high school they have the basic knowledge of how to buy and sell shares.
The Tertiary Stock Market Game
This game is geared towards tertiary students to assist them in having a better appreciation of the Stock Market and to understand the basic process of buying and selling shares on the stock market.
The Public Stock Market Game
This was developed to generate interest among the general public in how to create wealth through the buying and selling of stocks or shares on the market. This game is very user friendly and gives persons playing a quick appreciation on what happens on the market.
We also facilitate the Young Investor Game for All Media Group.
Administration of the Stock Market Game
- Access to the game is through the JSE’s website.
- Administration and monitoring of the game will be done by select members of the JSE and will be governed by the rules outlined.
- User roles are defined to ensure transparency and authorized access. There are two user roles available, Portfolio Manager and Game Entrant.
- Portfolio details for all participants can only be viewed by a game administrator.
- Each participant can view/update their own portfolio.
- 99.9% server uptime is guaranteed by the website hosts. There also are other levels of redundancy employed on the server hardware and network infrastructure.
- To use the JSE Portfolio Manager and Stock Market Game, you must be able to access the internet.
- We recommend you use the latest version Edge or Chrome.