1. GENERAL INFORMATION
The Jamaica Stock Exchange Venture Capital Pitch Room is an ideal place to seek capital funding and get exposure for a business venture in front of an audience, judging panel, venture capitalists, investment bankers, and journalists. The Pitch Room will feature a one-hour segment where six lucky entrepreneurs will have precisely six minutes to pitch their proposals for venture capital funding.
The entrepreneurs’ presentations must state clearly:
- What their product or service is;
- The unique value being offered or competitive advantage enjoyed;
- The amount and type of funding being requested and the purpose for which it will be used;
- What percentage stake of the business they are willing to give
The judges will identify the top three (3) most promising, new or existing ventures, of which one will receive financial & technical assistance, subject to due diligence and provided that the proposal presents a viable business proposition that is considered worthy of funding.
The proposals will be judged on:
- Business viability
- Clarity of presentation
- Feasible organizational and marketing strategy
- Demonstrated expertise and passion for the business of the entrepreneur(s)
- The business product/service receives exposure to potential investors and customers
- The possibility of securing Venture Capital funding
- Great advertising platforms
- Feedback from investors on the business idea, product and/or
Conditions to apply:
Please be advised that you must satisfy the following eligibility requirements to be considered for participation in the programme:
- The individuals applying must be 18 years or older;
- At least 50% of the business must be Jamaican;
- Must be a part of the management team or one of the business owner/conceptualizer;
- Must be willing to negotiate and/or entertain discussions for equity investment;
- The business is not listed on the Jamaica Stock Exchange;
- Be willing to register the business as public company;
- Entrants should be persons considered fit and proper by the Financial Services Commission (FSC).
2. APPLICATION PACKAGE:
Individuals interested in participating must complete and return the following attached documents to the JSE’s Marketing Department:
- Application form
- Business Plan Questionnaire
- Submitted Material Release
- Pitch Release Agreement
If you are applying as a part of a team of founders/owners/conceptualizers; each individual must complete and submit their own application form and accept the conditions of the releases/agreements.
The selected companies must be available and willing to participate in coaching sessions organized by the Jamaica Stock Exchange.
Entries must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on January 3, 2020.
Selected speakers will be notified by January 8, 2020.