INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED SECRETARIES AND ADMINISTRATORS (ICSA)
Becoming a chartered secretary?
Are you a practicing Lawyer or Chartered Accountant working within a company secretarial or governance remit for more than five years? If so, you can qualify as a chartered secretary more quickly via our Fast Track Professional (FTP) scheme.
Designed to allow experienced professionals an opportunity to gain recognition for their level of competence and ability, FTP requires candidates to sit just two of the eight modules that make up the Chartered Secretaries Qualifying Scheme (CSQS) – company secretarial practice and the case study. As such it could be completed in one year.
At the end of your studies you can progress to Chartered Secretary status and benefit from ongoing support, resources and networking.
ICSA develops the skills, effectiveness and profile of people working in governance roles at all levels and in all sectors. We provide:
- A portfolio of respected qualifications
- Representation of governance matters with regulators and policy makers
- Authoritative publications and technical guidance
- Breakfast briefings, training courses and national conferences
- Market-leading entity management and board portal software
- CPD and networking events
- Research and advice
- Board evaluation services
If you are looking to champion good governance in any industry, ICSA’s Advanced Certificate in Corporate Governance will help you succeed.
You may work in law, finance, company secretarial or in a broader role, which requires knowledge of:
- Governance codes
- Legal and regulatory considerations
- Boards and committees
- Shareholders and other stakeholders
- Corporate social responsibility
Our flexible open-entry qualification covers all of these key topics at a degree level. Develop your skills and enhance your professional credentials by studying with ICSA.
There are generally two exams per year; one in June and the other in November. The registration deadlines for each are in April and October, respectively.
Jamaica Stock Exchange
40 Harbour Street