The Jamaica Stock Exchange e-Campus
In association with
The Private Sector Organisation of Jamaica
Executive Leadership Diploma Programme
The Director’s Strategic Guide to Corporate Governance and Leadership
February 18, 2018 – May 6, 2018
Face-to-Face and Online Sessions
This highly interactive and engaging programme is designed to provide participants with a deeper understanding of the key aspects of corporate governance and the changing roles and responsibilities of directors. It outlines the basic tenets involved in a board’s composition (selection of directors), accountability, risk management requirements, information technology governance, legal requirements and other aspects of governance that should result in better decision making and enhanced shareholder value.
IDEAL PARTICIPANTS ARE:
- Existing directors in both the public and private sector.
- Individuals aspiring to become directors of public and /or private sector entities.
- Corporate Executives
At the end of this course, participants will develop a better understanding and appreciation of the key duties and responsibilities for directors and be able to apply this knowledge to their own organisations. More specifically, participants will be able to:
- Enhance their knowledge of the language and difference concepts of corporate governance as applied in best practice
- Understand the responsibilities of the board of directors versus that of management
- Have a better appreciation of the requirements for being good strategic leader
- Better appreciate local laws and regulations that support enterprises corporate governance practices
- Develop a richer understanding of corporate governance practices which can enhance an entity CG Index
- Know how to develop strategies to communicate with stakeholders in a manner that results in high-levels of transparency and accountability
- Appreciate how concepts such as corporate social responsibility, diversity, ethics and whistleblowing are related to corporate governance
- Better recognize the importance of risk management, information technology and marketing on business sustainability
- Share and practice practical corporate governance techniques while tapping into a network of experienced leaders.
- Minimum of five (5) years in a senior management position,
- Minimum of one (1) year as a director; or
- Minimum of an undergrad degree; or
- A business entrepreneur for at least two (2) years; or
- For mature applicants: at least five (5) years industry experience at senior management level
In order to qualify for the Diploma, participants must earn a minimum score of 60%.
This programme will be conducted over a three (3) month period and will cover eight (8) units as detailed below:
Unit 1 – Corporate governance concepts & principles
Unit 2 – Strategic leadership
Unit 3 – Board effectiveness
Unit 4 – Board evaluation & compensation
Unit 5 – Laws & regulations
Unit 6 – Financial accountability & risk management
Unit 7 – ICT Governance and marketing
Unit 8 – Stakeholder relationship & corporate sustainability.
MAIN PROGRAMME FACILITATORS:
Ms. Greta Bogues, Lead Presenter. Chair, PSOJ Corp. Governance Committee
Mr. Bruce Scott, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers and Past President, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Jamaica (ICAJ)
Mr. N. Patrick McDonald, Partner. Hart, Muirhead Fatta, Member PSOJ Corporate Governance Committee
Astarte K. Daley
Recruiter – e-Campus
Jamaica Stock Exchange
40 Harbour Street
Call: (876) 967-3271 or (876) 322-3444
To register for this course, kindly complete this Director’s StrategicGuide to Corp Gov- Application Form 2018_fillable. Your application is to be submitted with a copy of your resume and ID.
For more information on our workshops and other offerings contact us online using the Prospect Form