Join the JSE in association with the Climate Change Division for it’s first Green Bond Launch on Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
The “Facilitating an Enabling Environment for a Caribbean Green Bond Listing on the Jamaica Stock Exchange” (JSE) project is a readiness grant funded by the Green Climate Fund (GCF). This project is a collaborative effort between the Climate Change Division and the Jamaica Stock Exchange and was undertaken to explore the debt capital market as a source of financing for climate resilience and low carbon development in Jamaica. The objective of the readiness grant is to strengthen the nation’s commitment to climate action, as outlined in its Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs), through the development of innovative climate financing strategies.
This will be achieved through:
- Conducting local and international Green Bond market assessments to determine readiness and to identify suitable issuers, institutional investors, and green projects.
- Engaging and educating key market players and stakeholders to better integrate climate financing strategies into the local financial market.
- Developing a Green Bond Roadmap to guide the implementation of the project
- Designing policies and guidelines to facilitate the listings of Green Bonds in Jamaica and to guide the integration of climate financing strategies into national reports, policies, projects and programmes.
- Guiding Green Bond GCF project concept notes
The project was designed to foster inclusivity and will bring together multiple stakeholders from the public and private sectors, as well as international stakeholders. Embedded in the project are special arrangements for the creation and sharing of training modules and other knowledge products to increase awareness of issues relating to financial markets and their link to climate change and climate action.