WHO WE ARE
Our e-Campus is a web-based e-learning system that allows students to attend Courses online. Lessons are interactive with video and audio clips of lecturers. Students are able to read content, view e-books, do tests and other exercises relating to a specific Course. Additionally, students are able to bookmark their position in each Course and resume the Course from that point at anytime within the timeframe. The system tracks participants’ usage and scores from tests.
At least one eight-hour Sunday session is required to complete the credit hours. As such, students get the opportunity to interact with lecturers and tutors face-to-face in lively and intense classroom sessions.
JSE e-CAMPUS POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA AND CERTIFICATE COURSES
The JSE e-Campus Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Services Management is a continuing professional education programme for individuals operating in the capital markets, dealing in investment products and for professionals in the financial services sector.
Each Course within this Post Graduate Diploma is also offered as short-term Certificate Courses at two levels;Certificate of Completion and Certificate of Participation.
CORE PROGRAMME - $198,000.00 + GCT
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Services Management
CERTIFICATE COURSES - $30,000.00 + GCT per Course
- Fundamentals of the Money Markets
- Quantitative Tools
- Credit Risk Management: Loans & Bonds
- Treasury Management: Organizations & Systems
- Financial Planning & Wealth Management
- Global Capital Markets & Financial Tools
- Compliance, Ethics & Corporate Governance
- Strategic Portfolio Management
- Market Risk and Middle Office Management
- Corporate Structures and Procedures
- International Bond and Debt Issues
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Privatizations
- Understanding and Interpreting Jamaica’s Financial Regulations and Laws
- Mastering Financial Negotiations (Workshop)
COURSE OUTLINE IS SUBJECT TO MODIFICATION
- Online lectures and tutorials/ case studies/online quizzes;
- Webinars and videos;
- At least one (1) eight-hour face-to-face workshop per Course.
Each Course comprises thirty (35) contact hours. Except for the Certificate of Participation, candidates are required to complete coursework, case studies, online quizzes and sit a written exam in order to be eligible for both the Post Graduate Diploma and Certificate of Completion.
OUR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To provide certification and comprehensive, structured and continuous professional education, training and information for persons in the regional financial services sector
- To upgrade the skill and information-base of persons who received their Jamaican Securities Course certification to a level II standard
- To expose participants to international best practices standards and operations
- Enhance leadership skills and impart valuable industry knowledge
- To facilitate the development of ideas that will redound to the growth of the sector.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Post Graduate Diploma and Certificate of Completion applicants:
- A First Degree in Management Studies, Finance or any other related Social Sciences Degree; OR
- JIM Securities Course or any other FSC-approved first level Course; OR
- At least three (3) years relevant experience within the financial services sector or a related field
For mature Post Graduate Diploma applicants:
- At least eight (8) years industry experience; a written Statement of Intent and an interview.
Certificate of Participation applicants:
- Sound educational background
- Individuals with an interest in the financial services sector;
COMPUTER SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
You must have computer access with:
- Processor speed of 1GHZ or higher
- Minimum 1GB RAM
- Windows 7, Vista or XP with the latest service pack updates
- Current version of , Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer
- Current version of Adobe Flash Player
- Internet access required with minimum bandwidth of 1MB or higher
- Audio and video capabilities
- A head-set microphone is required to participate in web meetings or webinars; Optional: webcam
- Adobe Reader:
- MAC with similar specifications; Tablet with similar specifications